Sunday 5 December 2010

A short walk by the park

Did my usual weekend exploration at the nearby park yesterday evening. On the way, I passed by a Giant milkweed  with its leaves in a rather bad shape. As I suspected, it is the work of caterpillars. They should be the caterpillars of the Plain Tiger (Danaus chrysippus chrysippus).


Lantana can be found growing in the bushes at the peripheral of the park. This imported plant has been naturalised here.


I had managed to locate the Slender pitcher seen in October. Though I have been roaming the park for the last one year, I first discovered this pitcher plant only this October.


An interesting bug was seen holding onto the side of the leaf of Simpoh Air. It may be a type of leaf-footed bug. [Update: Dalader sp.]


Here is the side view of the bug:


As it started drizzling, I had to turn back after just 30 minutes in the walk.

No comments: